T.V. and Electronic Recycling-
It’s the Law
Did you know…..
Starting January 1, 2011, Indiana State Law mandates that electronics can no longer be disposed in the trash?
Electronic devices contain hazardous materials that can not be land filled or incinerated according to Indiana law http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title13/ar20.5/ch10.html.
The Johnson County Recycling District has collaborated with Workforce, Inc. www.recycleindy.com to offer a year-round electronics recycling program to Johnson County residents, businesses, and non-profit agencies. Fees apply for televisions.
Click HERE for a printable copy of our Electronic Collection brochure.
ELECTRONICS ARE ACCEPTED AT THE DISTRICT OFFICE, 900 ARVIN RD., SUITE A, MONDAY THRU FRIDAY FROM 8:30 A.M. TO 11:00 AND 1:30 P.M. TO 4:00 P.M. OR ON THE FOLLOWING SATURDAYS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO NOON:
FEES APPLY FOR TELEVISIONS: 27 INCHES AND SMALLER – $7.50. ANYTHING OVER 27 INCHES – $12.50 (Cash or check only. Checks made payble to JCSWMD). ALL OTHER ELECTRONICS ARE ACCEPTED FOR FREE AT THIS TIME.
*The hours of collection and fees are subject to change as governed by the District’s Board of Directors.
A fee for televisions applies. All other items accepted at no cost.
televisions: Up to 27”= $7.50; larger than 27’’= $12.50 (Checks or Cash only).
Additional Electronics Recycling Options:
Best Buy - www.bestbuy.com/recycling
Additional Computer Recycling Options:
1. Staples Office Supplies, 5140 East Southport Rd., 317-784-7353, Monday – Friday: 8:00am-9:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am-6:00pm
2. NuGenesis, (317) 838-8208 or 1-800-487-1010
3. American Industrial Services (Corporate Clients) 8500 Georgetown Rd, Indpls. 317-871-4091 www.recycleindianapolis.org
4. Appliance Recyclers of Indiana 2025 English Ave, Indpls. 317-788-8681
Asset Forwarding (Corporate Clients) 7965 Allison Ave., Indpls., 317-228-9091 www.assetforwarding.com
5. Asset Recovery & Recycling (Corporate Clients) – 1417 N. Harding, Indpls., 317-522-1630 www.arrindy.com
6. End Of Life Electronics 11815 Technology Dr. Fishers, drop-offs on Mondays only, 9:00- 6:00pm, 317-849-7314 www.eolemidwest.com
7. Goldsmith Group Inc. (Corporate Clients) 2107 N Adams, Indpls. 317-545-4747
8. Recycled Computer Systems 4327 Sellers St., Indpls. 317-545-2420
9. Retrofit Recycling 2156 S. Lynhurst Drive, Indpls. 317-381-0628 www.retrofitcompanies.com
10. RecycleForce, Inc. 754 N. Sherman Dr., Indpls. Suite 220 317-532-1367 www.recycleindy.com
11. Virtual Scavengers Pick-up service for small fee; 317-454-9044
12. Goodwill Donation Centers.
Additional options for used computers can be accessed at www.escrapindiana.org.
The District also accepts:
Cell Phones, Small Electronics, Printer Ink Cartridges
To recycle an old cell phone, PDA”S, BlackBerry”s, SmartPhones, MP3”s and ipods, and ink/laser jet cartridges. Simply drop them off at the Johnson County Solid Waste District office at 900 Arvin Rd. Suite A, Franklin, IN 46131.
(This cell phone and cartridge recycling service is provided by AJ”s recycling. AJ”s supports persons with special needs and special Olympics of Johnson County. You may contact them at 317-695-1047 for more information or to set up service at your school or business).